Thursday 20 August 2020

Blue skies shining on me

 OK, so we can quit with the rain titles as it was quite sunny for most of the day. 

We decided to follow one of the route touristiques which in this case followed the Coueson river valley. It was very scenic but lots of little back roads. Fortunately for me as driver there was none else on the road. I think I had a car behind me only two or three times! Like Bazouges, the villages were empty. Either they're all at the beach, or they are tucked up avoiding Covid, or we are travelling in some post-apocalyptic France without knowing because we haven't read the news.

A lovely pile where we stopped for a drink

J spots a unicorn

A battle was fought over this bridge during the revolution. It's not like they couldn't have just walked across the river upstream a little, but there you go.

Romanesque all the way to 19th C, so quite a history. We just like the witches hats.

We really needed showers. I smelled like a rose of course, but J, whew! So we stopped in the municipal camp in Fougeres. Despite Fougeres being one of the tourist hotspots, the camp was nearly empty, so we got a primo spot.




No comments: