Monday 8 July 2019

Mud, mud, glorious mud

Turns out all those machines were being used to tear down a concrete tower, so we were awakened (relatively) early by concrete cutters in action.


So after sorting breakfast we headed toward the Wattensee again. It's an interesting area geologically, and I still hadn't seen it with the tide out. Our planned stop was taken up by machinery so we moved on our second choice. That seemed to be somebody's house so we continued on to a little village of Ockholm and a nice stop. Despite the wind we went for a bike ride along the sea. It's a fascinating area and you should take a look on Google Earth. They fence off an area of mud flats, and that area gathers more soil until it is marsh, then they take the fences out to make drains and have some land. Repeat a few times, then enclose it in a dike and start again.

Fenced areas. Some of the sheep had so much wool they couldn't stand up. I had to roll two over that were cast! Bloody hero, me.

One tiny island in a big shallow sea.

Everywhere you looked there were wind generators. J looked at me a lot.

J has an electrically assisted bike, so this is my usual view now.

 When we got back I got the emailed bill from Vodafone that kicked off the events mentioned in  my separate blog. I won't go over them again, but  grrrgh.

Showerometer 18.

No comments: