Thursday 18 July 2019

A quiet day today

We decided to chill and go for a bike ride to Mariager. My bike wheel has got worse since the bike doctor got his hands on it I swear! There is a flat patch in the rim and a few buckles so it was not a smooth ride. Anyway, the wind wasn't too strong and the sun was  out, so not a bad ride.

We passed an ex-cement works that apparently closed in 1940, missing all that demand once the Germans hit town. You'd have thought they would reopen it. There's a salt mine next door now and that's no coincidence. It's my theory that millions of years ago there was a shallow inland sea that provided both the limestone and salt that these mines worked.



Mariager had a port that loaded salt, and a salt museum. It also had a vintage train that took tourists to a place where a vintage bus took tourists to a place where a vintage boat that took tourists to Mariager. 






On our return I attempted to remove some of the buckles. Probably made things worse but I'll find out next time. Stay tuned.

I also tried to sort out a lock that refuses to lock. Sadly I couldn't remove a rusted screw despite swearing at it profusely, so it will have to wait.


No comments: