Tuesday 17 April 2007

The Army comes through - not!

I visited Waiouru Army Museum just before Christmas and there were one or two things that they didn't do well so I let them know in a three page letter (mostly constructive). Anyway, since it is now April and exactly 4 months since I sent the letter I asked for an update, and here it is: "Perry, thank you for the catchup. I am in the middle of handing over to an incoming Director so have had to put the my findings on hold temporarily. I will contact you with my findings before you depart."

The words "Yeah, Right" come to mind, but I may be surprised. After all, it has only been four months and there are a whole four days left...

R and I finished off his memoirs, or at least the Italian section. We've also captioned most of the photos which we now have to fold into the text before we are completely done. J will do this when we get to the UK as her laptop is in the post. His health is improving but his legs are very weak and out of condition. He'll have to work on them to get his mobility back.

J has been cleaning up banking stuff and working on an allowance for C. We are both awaiting our retirement savings funds, and of course the car is yet to sell...

The ITN agent has called several times but seems to have not read my CV very well. So far I've been offered a term as a senior English teacher, and a term as a senior Geography teacher (both to A Levels - our Year 13). Neither of them have been near Bristol, but that is of less concern. I don't think it would be fair on the students to be teaching unfamiliar subjects at senior level! However there has been a History position (for a year!) and an ICT job which may be more appropriate. Still, I'd rather do 'supply' or relief teaching.

No comments: