Thursday 12 April 2007

10 Days...

Sadly the car didn't sell yesterday, so we've put it on Trademe and will try Turners again next Thursday.

R is out of hospital and being looked after by his daughter and grandkids. I don't think their surprise visit was intended to be one to hospital but it is good that there is someone handy to keep an eye on him.

I spent some time in the Hocken again, looking through their books this time. They have quite good holdings of published memoirs, some of which I haven't found in the public library. I'm reading through one by Guthrie Wilson, but he seems to have changed names and places so it's a little difficult to check his authenticity. Roger Smith did the same but it was very easy to figure out who was who...

We posted off our stuff yesterday. What a kerfuffle! I had to open the boxes a couple times, first to take the batteries out of laptop and camera, and then to take .6 kg out of the heaviest. All on the floor of the Post Office. It's done now, and is a sign that what is happening is real. (So far the reality has not sunk in, even when saying goodbye and even when collecting the tickets.)

The agent rang to see if I wanted a term teaching English. I said no. I haven't been in an English classroom since I was at school! It's a sign that he's looking though...

J has a half day and a long lunch today, so I'll go back to the Hocken to read some more.

Ciao

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Goodluck with the travels. Happy Anniversary. Are you sure it's a year already?
P & H