Wednesday 26 September 2007

Quiet days

No work so far this week, but an interview this afternoon for an admin job, and yesterday I got invited to an interview for a job supporting PDAs in three schools around Bristol. They are trialling using class sets of them as aids. I must say that the ones I saw at John Cabot were fancy but completely underused, with only a few teachers picking up on the possibilities. They just seem to be free MP3 players for the students.

In my battle with Col. Blimp I asked if a document I signed that supposedly explained charges could be faxed through to the CAB. If it is as airtight as the Army thinks it is, then presumably my argument is overruled, and he'd hear no more from me. Here's the response:

Mr Rowe.
I am disappointed to see that you have failed to take note of my 3 Sep 07 notification to you. I will wait for instructions from the Museum's Solicitor in regards to the release of the copy of the document you signed on 18/12/06.

R.J.Seymour
Col (Rtd)
Director

You will recall the tone of his "notification". What an obnoxious person this man is.

We haven't seen any of the recent RWC games, but I do see that W is ranked in the mid-500s in the Virtual RWC. That's bloody awesome given the number of players. Well done W. (J is still beating him in the Virtual NPC, so she's happy enough.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colonel Blimp seems like a control freak to me who likes wasting tax payer money on solicitors when a hands on approach would be more effective. As for the virtual World cup, I am bloody awesome if I do say so myself.

Cheers
Wayne