Monday 4 June 2007

The school term restarts...

J was off early then just after she left the phone rang to send me off to Wyvern. I had a nice Junior Maths class, complicated only by the different page numbers in two versions of the text. I thought one of them looked a little advanced for Y9 or whatever they were! Then I had a free period (but still got paid) so a nice morning. However, you may recall I had a two-hour period of cooking with a class last time I was at this school where there hadn't been any lesson set? Well today I had two two-hour periods where there was no lesson set. What a pain in the preverbial. These kids don't appear to have had a cooking teacher (sorry Food Technology teacher) for some time now so I'm sure they don't really care about yet another supply coming in and giving them pointless tasks with little relevance to what they are supposed to be doing. If they ask me to this school again it will be on the proviso that I am not set those cooking classes again!

If I thought that kids treated their supply teachers poorly I never expected what was to follow. When I queued up for lunch in the cafeteria two teachers jumped the queue in front of me! Rude bastards. One said, "Who are you?" and when I introduced myself he just cut straight in. Next time I'll say OfStEd or Health Department...

J's not feeling well and has gone to bed. Me too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Perry - surprise!! I just had to write a response to your last posting re 'the queue jumpers'. Oh dear, my conscience really pricked when I read that - for that is indeed what I have turned out to be 'a queue jumper'. In Nelson here they have a Founders 2nd hand book sale (like Regent booksale). So we duly lined up and went in on Saturday. Having found my 3 books - for that is all I could find that appealed. I queued to pay. How slow it was with people buying up large - bags and bags of supermarket bags of books. One counter became free and so I slipped over (as you do in the supermarket queue) only to have the nice lady ahead of me, who I genuinely thought was being served say in a big loud voice that "THAT LADY HAS PUSHED IN" as she stared in my direction. Oh, the shame!! However, I apologised profusely for my human error and all was well.Anyway not a nice experience for you or me - even if we were on opposite sides. Tell Judi love the lillies.

Cheers from J....(anonymous & never to be identified queue jumper)