Saturday 16 June 2007

More school stuff

Thursday was back to John Cabot. Not a bad day overall with a few hiccups. I mentioned in the last post that a girl had misbehaved for me on Tuesday, and she turned up again. Within 5 mins she was swearing at me so I had her removed. Perhaps I look like her Dad or her Mum's boyfriend, but whatever the issue she was bad news! The other problem was the lack of lesson for a long afternoon class. The teacher hadn't left any lesson, equipment or, more importantly, keys and combinations to access equipment, and to top it off the necessary colour printer was out of ink! Most of the kids accomplished very little indeed.

On Friday I returned to Churchill. I had tried to find public transport but there was none at a reasonable time so it was bus+taxi again. We really do need to get on to another car so we'll head out this weekend to look at more. The morning went fine but the afternoon was harder work. The kids have been on "Curriculum Enrichment" all week and by this Friday afternoon were getting a little tired I think. I have Wyvern on Monday and a new school on Tuesday - Broadoak - which is supposed to be OK. Then it's off to London. Hooray.

We may have free accommodation in Cassino with Lorenzo and his family but we have yet to work out the realities of the offer. (Ie, does he really want us there for a month?) Rental there was quite cheap anyway according to the Real Estate agent who replied to my email.

Last night we went out for a meal across the harbour. It was nice, and the helpings were generous so we were quite full when we left. We walked it off a little and as we passed by the theatre we decided to see a movie. Tell No One, French with subtitles. It was a reasonable thriller, though perhaps a little cliched at the end. There was a very young crowd in the bars along the waterfront. Had we gone in for a drink we would have raised the average age considerably.

I rang Mum to harangue her for not writing. It would seem she hasn't read the blog despite Q telling me she had been kept up to date, so I hope she does this soon. Dad and M should be home by now, probably exhausted. It would have been quite a test of their relationship, so I hope they are OK.

The details of the last few days have been lost in a haze of tiredness so I hope this isn't too boring. See J's blog for photos.

No comments: