Friday 29 June 2007

Home again

On Thursday I had no work so started to catch up on what I had actually gathered while in London. Sometimes the process is all consuming so you need time to sit back and cogitate on what you've got, and what you've not. I was exhausted so had a bit of a sleep in too. It's a good thing that J can keep me in this fashion! 8-)

We went for a walk and ended up going to Ocean's Thirteen. Don't ever see this movie. It is BORING, with feck all storyline and less acting. I could have walked out and not missed anything, and I've never walked out of a movie before. Mea Culpa.

I ordered Nachos and a drink and you should have seen the size of the drink! It was served in a bucket. I really would have preferred less of it and a lower price and I guess it goes to show how valueless the drink really is. I managed to get cheese dip all over my trousers as well so the snacks were a bit of a disaster.

Friday brought a new school - Abbeyfield. It was in Chippenham, so quite a way out of town. A train and a bus away to be more precise. I asked the agent if he'd be sending me home for work. Anyway they promised a nice school, but 4/5 of the classes were the usual crap. I've really got to get out of this line of work. It's doing my head in.

J had the pleasure of the car, which I have only actually seen for 15 minutes or so since we bought it! Weird. This means that for a change she was home before me. After doing email and stuff we headed out for dinner and a drink which was pleasant enough, and it was still sunny although a little windy. You may have read that it has been very wet over here, with fatal floods further north. So much for summer, eh? Apparently Italy has been having a heatwave though, so fingers crossed that some of that is still around when we get there.

It appears C has done well in her first exam that she has results for so we are looking forwad to the rest. We are very proud of her, but she does work hard, so deserves it. We're making plans for her Christmas trip, or at least throwing ideas around. It'll be nice to see her (between shops).

Our ISP has decided to block the editing side of our blogs so we can't write them directly or edit previous ones (like "shooping"). These recent ones have been emailed in so may have looked a bit funny until I edited them.

No comments: