Wednesday 6 June 2007

D-Day + 63 years

By some coincidence I'm reading W's book on the Royal Marines at Port-en-Bessin in France. These events occurred after the D-Day landings so it's almost real-time. It's an interesting read so far.

Sadly there was a casualty on this day also. I took the car in to have the brakes serviced only to be told that with all the work they found was needed we would be better off writing the car off. The brakes alone would have cost L250 as there were complications, but it was pointed out that rust would mean the car would fail its next MoT (WoF) anyway, and should probably not have been given one last time! I guess that's why the guy sold it. So we've been diddled, but I suppose we have to pretend we got a reasonable use of it in a short time - somewhere over 2000 miles in a month. We'll just pretend it was a rental. BUGGER.

I wandered into town to join the library. It was rather small and disappointing so I'll try to find the Uni library as well. I also checked out a shop that catered for the Sc-Fi/Fantasy market. You could get Daleks, Droids, super-heroes, mags, books, games and so on. Heaven for certain types.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Popski's book at the moment and he does love the kiwis but he does sound like the type of guy who loves the adventure.
Sorry to hear about the car. Don't trust those poms Perry.

Cheers
Wayne