Tuesday 21 July 2020

Seein' la Seine

No need to go anywhere today. We cycled around a 'route des fruits' (touty fruity routy?) that had many fruits but no vendors so the only one J got was a plum 'scrumped' from an overhanging branch. By overhanging I mean if I overhung the fence. "Slightly overripe" is J's judgement. No judgement on the plum though.

The Seine is not without its grand mansions, but there's always a reminder of the labour that built them.

Poires et Pommes. The colour on the pears is unusual (to me). I wonder how much of this crop goes to cider and perry? (I know for certain none has gone to Perry.)

The lady of the lake, her arm clad in purest Gap...   The lakes here are formed by gravel excavation which I image has been going on for some time. This particular one has been cleaned up and hosts a beach, cafe, nautical club and adjoins a camp-site.

Fine art, though I find it a bit wooden. Boom, boom.

The local Eglise. It has a curious change in style from the far end to the close, though we don't know what the manner of its partial destruction was. Perhaps revolutionary ardour?


Btw, if anyone is concerned for our safety I think the daily figures should allay some of that. France is a safer place to be than the UK. UK: 580 new cases and 12 deaths, deaths /m 667. France: 350/8/462 according to Worldometer.

No comments: