Friday 31 July 2020

By crikey it's hot!

33 C today and I damned near melted.

We had a look at Pt 112 which was a key point in the German defence south of Caen. You can see for miles in all directions so it is obvious why it was so important. Then we cruised down to the Odon to get a feel for where the Epsom bridgeheads were before taking a huge 45 min drive to Falaise. 45 minutes to travel a distance that took 2 months in 1944.

En route we got buzzed by two jets - Typhoons? Or some Mirages: I don't know what the French fly any more.

We also attempted to get our leak fixed but all the garages will be closing for holidays today and they could not fit us in before they did. However, one gave me two circlips so I can have a crack myself. (Although my toolkit isn't huge so this could be a recipe for disaster.)

Falaise is the birthplace of William the Conk so we'll have a look at his castle (and museum) tomorrow before heading off to Chambois for the Falaise Pocket sites. 

Social distancing


Guillaume


No comments: