Saturday 15 June 2019

Another massive drive

Woken by the birdsong at 10am we had breakfast then popped over to say goodbye to Karel. A few "one more thing" moments later and we were on the road by 3pm.

We've headed for Naarden,  an old Vauban fortress on the edge of the Ijsselmeer. We found a site in a marina which is lovely but one of the more expensive places so far. We very nearly had a disaster on the way when I started to fill the tank with petrol (I blame language barriers, not my stupidity). Fortunately I only put in a squeeze before realising something was wrong, and the full tank of diesel that followed should dilute it enough not to be a problem.

By good fortune there was a jazz festival on when we arrived and the sun also came out so we had a pleasant evening having a drink and listening to music.






A strawberry moon apparently

Something odd in my blog statistics:
What's going on there, eh?

Showerometer rating 19.


3 comments:

Laurence Skermer said...

Hi Perry, glad you're making progress and the sun is out. It looks bodacious! We are practically under water here. All cricket abandoned, ark building in progress. It is also freezing and the heating's back on. Wish you were here.
Not much else to report, everything continues much as usual.

Ropey said...

Wish I was there indeed. Ha! It's hard to think that we have only been away 10 days.

Tim Habart said...

Hi Perry, Pleased that the trip is going well. Some of the places visited I need to add to my Bucket list. Can only endorse the comments from Laurence about the weather. Enjoy your travels I am enjoying your Blog. Tim