Tuesday 2 October 2007

High-flying banker types

So this is the life of a banker. Playing hard and fast with oodles of lolly, diving into safes full of moohlah, lighting cigars on burning L100 bills... Mwa ha ha ha.

Actually I study spreadsheets. Yesterday we looked at the adjustments to salespersons' targets while they were on training courses. Today I redid said adjustments as we'd screwed up yesterday. I know it matters to the salesperson, but it's a pretty pointless exercise in the greater scheme of things and I really don't like the role I'm playing in this materialist/capitalist society. It is a challenge though and it's good to get the brain going again. And better yet, there are no rude little oicks to deal with.

We got invited to our Italian neighbours for afternoon tea on Saturday. All we have to do now is find out their names... Should be fun, but the timing isn't good for the rugby. I suspect that since he watches, the time will be moved to fit the game time.

I talked to Mum for half an hour. Cheers Mum. Happy birthday J and coming soon Big M. Maybe the engine will turn up wrapped in ribbons. It's good to hear you are back on your feet N, and I hope you continue to recover well. Work hard at school mate.

Mum wants to come over next year and may be able to travel with R who also wants to come. I hope we can work something out. Then W, R and L will be turning up some time around June. Anyone else?

That's all folks.

1 comment:

Beat Babe said...

You pay for it all and I'll be there!