Monday 22 October 2007

Gorgeous cheese?


We wandered around shopping on Saturday, as I was looking for some sturdier walking shoes than I have at the moment. Of course anything is sturdier than jandals, so there was plenty of choice. I'm now trying out a pair around the house.

They weren't tested in time to use them for real the next day when we visited the Cheddar Gorge, the original home of Cheddar Cheese. It was a nice sunny day to be walking through and around the gorge, which is quite spectacular. It cuts through the Mendip hills and you can travel through close to 200 million years of time as you climb through the layers. I was looking out for Arthur Dent's towel but didn't find any sign of it.


We only had to push start the car once so that's a bonus. Apparently the alternator is kaput, but bloke at garage said it will be cheaper for us to buy an emergency starter than a new alternator. And cheaper still for me to push it but not so convenient.


Today at work the frustration continued. I don't need to say any more as it's the same reasons as last week. However, it's clear the stress is completely different than teaching as faults are in the system and not personal, so I can leave them at work. That feels good.


Not a good week for the English sports fan - almost out of the Euro 2008, 2nd for Lewis Hamilton and 2nd for the Rugby team. Good for me though as I got L32.50 for my L5 'investment' pre-tournament. It paid for a below average meal for two, and some goodies from Cheddar though.

J's computer has been showing some nasty virus and/or spyware infections so we've been trying to clean them off before they cause any lasting harm. She has up-to-date antivirus thank goodness, so we've got rid of most of the undesirables. It's always a bit of a worry though.

For photos of the weekend follow the link below.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Italythenandnow/CheddarGorge

1 comment:

Quentin Rowe said...

Hi Perry,
Nice photo's!
I like Judi's pose... it could go like this:

"On your marks, Get Set, GO!"

"Aeeeeiiiiii!!!!"

*Boof!*

Pause...

Dusting herself off...

"I won, I won! Nah, nah!"