Saturday 11 August 2007

Mignano and Caspoli again

We had breakfast at a café so I could use the wi-fi hot-point but I left the damned card behind. Brekky was good all the same. When we came to leave we found a car had blocked us in. It’s that wonderful parking they do in Italy of course. I left J in town again and headed out to Mignano to try to track down the last of the matches. It was not to be. I got some around the town while clouds gathered, then headed off to try and find the local historian I had been told about. I did so but he took a while to get organised and by the time we had tried a few possible locations it had started to piss down. First rain in a month apparently, and the last I hope. I know I am close to one set of shots but can’t quite nail them, mainly because there is too much flora to see anything now. One last set eludes me completely as I can’t find enough clues as to where they are. Shame, as they are the ones I most want to match! The historian was useful and will be introducing me to a colleague who speaks English, so I will hopefully make some progress then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hockey update for you Perry - after losing most of the games in the final round we played Taieri last night in a playoff to get into the final. Played pretty well to get a 2-1 victory and a ticket to the final on sunday. Only thing is Robbie did his knee ligaments in several weeks back, Harold is away on a long-booked ski(?) weekend , Russell has a dodgy groin, John D has dicey hammies (?) and I took a serious chunk out of the top of my knuckle (not to mention my knees). We are going to need the young guys Murray roped in from Logan Park so hope they are available to offset the likely collection of Albany ring-ins !!