Thursday 29 March 2007

School camp and stuff

Wayne has bet that this blogging won't last a month, and he's probably right, but I'll try to prove him wrong anyway.

I'm on camp at the moment, with 32 girls and 4 staff. It has been fun, although the weather hasn't been great. The girls have mountain biked, abseiled, surf-kayaked, shot, crafted, squealed, giggled and gorged. I've supervised them. Oh, and read my book. (More below.) Generally they're a good bunch but some have no regard for others, or for their environment. Picking up their mess seems to be an entirely alien idea! (No sniggers please.) There've been no dramas other than from bitchiness, except for a small mountain biking accident. Of course, everything is very much controlled these days anyway, so there's little scope for the untoward.

I've revised my opinion of Ellis upward. He has been particualrly good on the French at Cassino, and I'm just starting on the Kiwi contribution now.

Home tomorrow to J and a comfortable bed. Maybe even a beer...

No comments: