Sunday 25 March 2007

Lazing on a sunny afternoon

Well, the hockey was tough. As I suspected, my fitness wasn't up to it so I ran out of breath about 3/4 of the way through. Nevertheless we had a win, 1-0. It was nice to see the guys again and a few new faces as well. My mouthguard and shin-pads are somewhere in storage but no injuries were received thank goodness. I'll get another two games in before I leave.

I've finished Final Impact which was quite good. It is open to another sequel or two, but has probably been long enough. Strange that the author chose to end things much the same as happened in the real history. Still a recommended read for those with that kind of interest. Now I can continue with the Cassino book.

I'm trying to map key points from the campaign using Google Earth. If you haven't played with this yet you must. It's really fun, particularly if you have broadband (which I don't). Turn on Buildings and fly around New York or Los Angeles. Yee ha! You must also give Google's Picasa 2 a go if you have any number of digital photographs. It's a wonderful application. Incidentally, both of these are free, and no, I don't work for Google.

C and O came up for Judi's birthday. We were suppposed to have fruit in a chocolate fondue (how 70s!) but it was a comedy of errors from the start. First Judi got kerosene instead of Meths and after returning it to the shop came back with Turps. I overfilled the burner and the whole lot went up in flames so now the wooden base on the borrowed fondue set is burnt. Judi had the common sense to smother it under a big pot, but we're lucky we did the whole thing outside! Then the chocolate wouldn't melt so we had finished most of the fruit before we decided to take the chocolate as it was. It was all somewhat messy...

The forecast isn't so good for tomorrow or for camp this week, but we can't do anything about that can we. "Everyone complains about the weather but no-one does anything about it." (Another supposed Twainism that actually isn't.)

Ciao

No comments: