Tuesday 3 June 2008

Just a quick post

Well, we have made it back to Cassino, and are getting settled in. The Abruzzo was lovely, but as you read earlier, it was pretty full on for me. Make sure you read J's blog for holiday stories.

This week I'll be tracking down some more shots around Cassino; the final shots for my own article; and then into the Liri valley. That'll keep me busy.

Roccasecca, north of Cassino, is an archetypal (sp?) Italian village, clinging to the sides of a hill above the Liri. The house we are in appears exactly how it was the day the owners left - drawers and cupboards full of stuff, knick-knacks on the dressers, etc. It is like we are living in a museum. There are all sorts of historical bits and pieces, including some war-related objects. There are four German helmets, each with holes of varying sizes, and I fear the wearers would not have survived...

We have more access to Internet now so I'll keep you posted.

Ciao. A domani.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
What's your email address again?
I lost it... again...
Don't know how to use this fancy technology...
Janette