Thursday 20 December 2007

Work do


We had the Financial Ops lunch yesterday. This is the larger group for which I work, so there were about 100 people there. My table was the rowdiest, although not because of me I have to add. Apparently we racked up a L300 drinks bill, compared to L160 of the next biggest drinkers. One particular person was drinking Baileys and Brandy, as well as wine, so must have been accounted for about L90 on his own. The meal was nice enough - Chinese - and the company convivial. We headed off to the pub across the road to see a pool challenge played out, but I left before it was over. The players can't remember who won anyway. I took the opportunity to get into town and have a look for Js Christmas present, but without any luck. I'll try again on the weekend.

After I got home I was dragged back out in the cold and taken to church. I didn't get struck down, and did enjoy singing carols with the Salvation Army. I had sore vocal chords after so can't have sung enough recently.

Tonight we went to see a light display in town. It was a little underwhelming to begin with, but got better. They had a snowmaker, but a wimpy little one, and 'six of the biggest projectors in the UK'. Eventually the projections became something to be bothered about, but they could have done a lot better. Still, probably expensive, and with no return since it was free. It was bloody cold even though I had thermals on, top and bottom! And still no (natural) snow...

As usual you can see more pics on the web album.

No comments: