Monday 12 November 2007

Special days

J bought me some balloons so that I can make swans and monkeys and elephants and things. So far all of my attempts look like dogs. We've also got some chokky bikkies to finish now. The best gift was our meal. It's an oddity that I could buy Young's Double Chocolate Stout in Dunedin but haven't found it in any 'offie' here in Bristol. J booked a surprise meal so I followed her to Horts, which turned out to be a Young's Pub-Restaurant. And there they had Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Happiness filled. The meal was nice too, but the beer was just a perfect present.

Since the Young's weren't the only beers that day I took a while to recover on Saturday. We did the shopping and picked up a few books from the library then spent the day mooching.

Sunday was walkies time, so we popped up to the Royal West of England Academy of Art to check out a display by local artists. The usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly - it's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it.

We kicked through the piles of leaves coming home - most are off the trees now, and the light has the watery quality that you don't get at home. My body clock hasn't adjusted to the 4:30 darkness, though, so I'm discombobulated.

It was a quieter day at work, and we got rewarded for our hectic fortnight with a lunch shout followed by a boat trip on the harbour. I ran a quiz, mostly on Bristol harbour trivia, which showed that most of the natives don't know much about their own city! Then it was back to work where I got into trouble for some incorrect responses to some queries. I plead insufficient training, but whatever, you do the best you can.

There was sad news from home as we heard that Sue McDonald died from cancer yesterday. RIP Sue.

2 comments:

Beat Babe said...

Oh, what a horrid way to find out about Sue. Poor thing. I hope her family are doing well.

Anonymous said...

i did not visit your blog for a while. Sorry.