Tuesday 31 July 2007

A day in the archives

J had the joyous job of photocopying for a day while I hunted for more useful pics. Sadly hers was the more productive of the tasks in the end, if boring, although there was an album of interesting aerial shots, some of which I hadn't seen before. I'll have plenty to work with when I get to Italy. J got some reward with a bit of shopping.

It was actually a nice day and they are now predicting 5 days of sunshine! Typical when we are heading off on Thursday... C tells us that the Leith has flooded, though sent no photos (you'll never be a journalist C). Strange that we get the same news at both ends off the world.
Thanks for those who comment. It's nice to know that people are actually reading the blogs! Unlike my parents who haven't contacted me in forever. 8-( (Phil, it was a StuG III. There don't seem to have been any StuG IVs at Cassino, and I've not seen any in pictures before Rome. This suggests there weren't any in theatre until later, if at all. ) Q, perhaps you can arrange a reading with Mother dear. It seems K hasn't quite worked it out yet.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can send or attach screeds of photies of the Leith in flood if you are keen to view the torrent Perry - but can commenters attach files on this blog thang ?